infoSummer Bridge Update
May 4, 2021
Summer Session runs from June 7th through July 31st. It will entail 2-3 hours per day of engagement (including class, meetings, and social time).
“I gave up a trip to Mexico to participate in the summer program and I can say it was one of the best decisions I could have made.”Zach
The Summer Bridge Program is an academic learning community held during the 8-week Summer Session that bridges the gap from High School to College. Summer Bridge Program offers the first year, first-time college students an opportunity to enroll in general education courses and utilize campus resources to achieve success at MU.
- Earn credit hours toward general education requirements.
- Receive academic tutoring and coaching to become a more effective student.
- Attend workshops and discussions built around increasing adaptability and resilience.
- Develop relationships with faculty and students to support students’ college careers.
- Become familiar with campus resources and the college experience.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible for a scholarship opportunity. The scholarship is worth $2,500 for the academic year and is renewable for the three additional years.
For more information or questions regarding the summer transition program, please contact:
Phone: (573) 882-9156