A four year program to prepare you for the next 40 years of success and excellence.
The CASE Scholars program strives to assist underrepresented students in a variety of academic disciplines successfully transition into their undergraduate journey through fostering mentor relationships and providing learning opportunities that support their academic enrichment, financial literacy and sense of belonging, thus fostering their ability to persist and conquer any challenges they face at the University of Missouri.
Summer Bridge serves as the foundation for the CASE Scholars 4-year program. A total of 35 scholars are admitted to the program each year. The program strives to prepare students for the academic rigor they will face, by gaining 6 credit hours over the summer session prior to the beginning of their freshman fall term.
Students are provided with career exploration knowledge, social engagement, wellness tools to assist them with transitioning from high school to college. Offered skill set series to enhance tangible skills for leadership roles in campus organizations. Summer Bridge provides guidance on how to navigate processes such as office hours or advising visits to maximize their on-campus structural support. In addition, students are taught to build strategies for things like note-taking, engaging in group studying, and understanding the challenges that conceptual learning presents. Students are provided on-campus housing during the 8-week session and encouraged to remain on campus during years 1 and 2.
Programmatic elements of the CASE Scholars entails 1:1 meetings with CASE Coordinator, mid-semester progress checks, tutoring, group study sessions, wellness activities, financial consultations, professional development workshops, and faculty engagement. With the implementation of these program elements, it has assisted with retention rates, GPA and credit hour accumulation in CASE Scholars.
- Receive academic coaching to become a more effective student.
- Attend workshops and discussions built around increasing adaptability and resilience.
- Develop relationships with faculty and students to support students’ college careers.
- Become familiar with campus resources
- Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible for a scholarship opportunity. The scholarship is worth $2,500 for the academic year and is renewable for three additional years. (Students receiving the following automatic scholarships DO NOT qualify: Mark Twain, Brooks, Excellence, Black & Gold, Diversity, Suggs, Chancellors, and Mizzou Scholars)
Informational sessions for the 2020 CASE Scholars Progam will be held in the spring semester on the following dates:
- Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Saturday, April 11, 2020
Students may attend on any of these dates.
For more information or questions regarding the CASE Scholars program, please contact:
Phone: (573) 882-9156