A four year program to prepare you for the next 40 years of success and excellence.
The CASE Scholars program strives to assist underrepresented students in a variety of academic disciplines successfully transitioning into their undergraduate journey through fostering mentor relationships and providing learning opportunities that support their academic enrichment, financial literacy, and sense of belonging, thus fostering their ability to persist and conquer any challenges they face at the University of Missouri.
Students begin their CASE Scholar experience at Mizzou through the Summer Bridge program the foundation for the 4-year program. A total of 35 scholars are admitted to the program each year. The program strives to prepare students for the academic rigor they will face, by gaining 6 credit hours over the summer session prior to the beginning of their fall freshman term.
Students are provided with career exploration knowledge, social engagement, wellness tools to assist them with transitioning from high school to college. Offered skill set series to enhance tangible skills for leadership roles in campus organizations. Summer Bridge provides guidance on how to navigate processes such as office hours or advising visits to maximize their on-campus structural support. In addition, students are taught to build strategies for things like note-taking, engaging in group studying, and understanding the challenges that conceptual learning presents. Students are provided on-campus housing during the 8-week session and encouraged to remain on campus during years 1 and 2.
Programmatic elements of the CASE Scholars entail 1:1 meetings with the CASE Coordinator, mid-semester progress checks, tutoring, group study sessions, wellness activities, financial consultations, professional development workshops, and faculty engagement. The implementation of these program elements has assisted with retention rates, GPA, and credit hour accumulation in CASE Scholars.
- Receive academic coaching to become a more effective student.
- Attend workshops and discussions built around increasing adaptability and resilience.
- Develop relationships with faculty and students to support students’ college careers.
- Become familiar with campus resources
- Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible for a scholarship opportunity. The scholarship is worth $2,500 for the academic year and is renewable for three additional years. (Students receiving the following automatic scholarships DO NOT qualify: Mark Twain, George C. Brooks, Excellence, Black & Gold, Diversity, Donald M. Suggs, Chancellors, and Mizzou Scholars)
The next informational sessions for the CASE Scholars Program will be held in the Spring 2022 semester.
For more information or questions regarding the CASE Scholars program, please contact:
Center for Academic Success & Excellence