Published on Dec. 14, 2021
Congratulations to all of our Tigers on a successful semester! As many of you have already completed finals/projects, I wanted to provide you with some strategies to keep you focused during winter break.
Five tips for staying focused over the semester break:
- Utilize the “down time” between semesters to reflect, reset and rebound. Reflect on past performance. Reset your help seeking behaviors for success. Utilize all campus resources (many of which you have already paid for) to rebound!
- Get organized. Since you have already registered for Spring 2022 courses (or should have) go ahead and reserve or order textbooks and resources to get yourself in order for the upcoming semester.
- Find a short-term job. For those of you who are traveling back home for the break, there are a plethora of job opportunities available for the short term. An excellent way of staying active and earning a few dollars.
- Volunteer. This is an excellent thing to do and to add to your resume’ as many of you are in the process of amassing college-level activities to spotlight on your resume’. Also, the nation needs leaders with creativity and initiative like yours!
- Contact the CASE Office for assistance with an individual success plan or questions about academic or personal success at MU.
You made it! Enjoy the break.
E. Andre Thorn, Ph.D
Director, Center for Academic Success & Excellence (CASE)
“Serving Students Since 1995”
110 Student Success Center, 909 Lowry Mall
Columbia, MO 65211
Indigenous Peoples and Lands Acknowledgement:
I would like to acknowledge that I work in what is colonially known as “Missouri,” and that these were the homelands of the tribal nations of the Nutachi (Missouria), Jiwere (Otoe), Wahzhazhe (Osage), Ogáxpa (Quapaw), Chikasha (Chickasaw), Illini, and Báxoǰe (Ioway), among others.