Published on Oct. 19, 2021
Hello CASE Scholars, families and supporters:
We are officially halfway towards the completion of the Fall 2021 semester. As we press on and persist, there are a number of time-sensitive opportunities and resources that I wanted to share with you:
- Registration season is among us for the Spring 2022 semester. It will begin on October 27th but it will be important for you to make sure you do your due diligence to review your graduation plan and arrange a meeting with your academic advisor, if possible, before this time.
- The Missouri Scholarship and Loan Foundation has a Director’s Choice Grant Program to assist MU students with specific and urgent financial need which serves as a barrier to their educational success. Additional information about MOSLF Programs can be found HERE. Students who attend MU and are interested in the Director’s Grant Program, identified by the MU Financial Director can request additional information at MizzouSFA@missouri.edu.
- As mentioned previously, MU is in the process of distributing a new round of Federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) III as emergency grants for students.
*Automatic Undergraduate Student Eligibility*
Some undergraduate students will automatically be awarded HEERF III grants for the fall 2021 term (no application necessary). To qualify for an automatic award, students must:
- Be degree-seeking at Mizzou
- Be enrolled at least half-time in the fall 2021 term at the time of disbursement of the award
- Have completed a 2021-22 FAFSA on file with Mizzou as of Oct. 1, 2021
- Have an official EFC in an eligible range as outlined in the chart below
- Have NOT already received a HEERF III Grant from the Student Financial Aid office
Automatic HEERF III Emergency Grants to undergraduate students will be processed through the student account and will directly refund to the student and NOT pay any outstanding charges on the student bill. We strongly encourage students to setup Direct Deposit to get funds as soon as possible.
The link to apply for HEERF III Grants funds is NOW OPEN until November 15th – Click HERE to apply.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
All the best!
E. Andre Thorn, Ph.D
Director, Center for Academic Success & Excellence (CASE)
“Serving Students Since 1995”
110 Student Success Center, 909 Lowry Mall
Columbia, MO 65211
Indigenous Peoples and Lands Acknowledgement:
I would like to acknowledge that I work in what is colonially known as “Missouri,” and that these were the homelands of the tribal nations of the Nutachi (Missouria), Jiwere (Otoe), Wahzhazhe (Osage), Ogáxpa (Quapaw), Chikasha (Chickasaw), Illini, and Báxoǰe (Ioway), among others.